Flex your project management muscle
Agile project management is a fast and flexible approach to managing all projects, not just software development. By learning the principles and techniques in this book, you’ll be able to create a product roadmap, schedule projects, and prepare for product launches with the ease of Agile software developers. You’ll discover how to manage scope, time, and cost, as well as team dynamics, quality, and risk of every project.
As mobile and web technologies continue to evolve rapidly, there is added pressure to develop and implement software projects in weeks instead of months―and Agile Project Management For Dummies can help you do just that. Providing a simple, step-by-step guide to Agile project management approaches, tools, and techniques, it shows product and project managers how to complete and implement projects more quickly than ever.
- Complete projects in weeks instead of months
- Reduce risk and leverage core benefits for projects
- Turn Agile theory into practice for all industries
- Effectively create an Agile environment
Get ready to grasp and apply Agile principles for faster, more accurate development.
From the Back Cover
- Deliver value in weeks instead of years
- Reduce risk and increase visibility of projects
- Create an environment that works for agile
Manage projects with speed and flexibility
Agile project management improves team dynamics and quality, reduces risk, and effectively manages scope, time, and cost factors. This book provides step-by-step instruction on using agile techniques that will help you complete projects quicker and easier than ever. Become a project management star as you learn how you can create product roadmaps, schedule projects, and prepare for product launches with the ease and speed of the world’s best companies
- Creating an agile environment
- Defining a project’s vision
- Developing a product roadmap
- Planning releases and sprints
- Handling scope and procurement
- Managing quality and risk
- Being an agile change agent
About the Author
Mark C. Layton, aka “Mr. Agile™,” is a veteran of more than 25 years in the project and program management field. He is a Certified Scrum Trainer, a PMP, and an MBA. He holds multiple scrum scaling certifications and is the founder of Platinum Edge, LLC. Steven J. Ostermiller is a coach, mentor, and trainer empowering leaders and teams to become more agile. He holds CSP and PMP designations.