Become an expert at managing enterprise identity infrastructure by leveraging Active Directory
- Explore the new features in Active Directory Domain Service
- Manage your Active Directory services for Windows Server 2016 effectively
- Automate administrative tasks in Active Directory using PowerShell Core 6.x
Active Directory (AD) is a centralized and standardized system that automates networked management of user data, security, and distributed resources and enables inter-operation with other directories.
This book will first help you brush up on the AD architecture and fundamentals, before guiding you through core components, such as sites, trust relationships, objects, and attributes. You will then explore AD schemas, LDAP, RMS, and security best practices to understand objects and components and how they can be used effectively. Next, the book will provide extensive coverage of AD Domain Services and Federation Services for Windows Server 2016, and help you explore their new features. Furthermore, you will learn to manage your identity infrastructure for a hybrid cloud setup. All this will help you design, plan, deploy, manage operations, and troubleshoot your enterprise identity infrastructure in a secure and effective manner. You’ll later discover Azure AD Module, and learn to automate administrative tasks using PowerShell cmdlets. All along,
By the end of this book, you’ll be well versed with best practices and troubleshooting techniques for improving security and performance in identity infrastructures.
What you will learn
- Design your Hybrid AD environment by evaluating business and technology requirements
- Protect sensitive data in a hybrid environment using Azure Information Protection
- Explore advanced functionalities of the schema
- Learn about Flexible Single Master Operation (FSMO) roles and their placement
- Install and migrate Active Directory from older versions to Active Directory 2016
- Control users, groups, and devices effectively
- Design your OU structure in the most effective way
- Integrate Azure AD with Active Directory Domain Services for a hybrid setup
Who this book is for
If you are an Active Directory administrator, system administrator, or network professional who has basic knowledge of Active Directory and is looking to become an expert in this topic, this book is for you.
Table of Contents
- Active Directory Fundamentals
- Active Directory Domain Services 2016
- Designing an Active Directory Infrastructure
- Active Directory Domain Name System
- Placing Operations Master Roles
- Migrating to Active Directory 2016
- Managing Active Directory Objects
- Managing Users, Groups, and Devices
- Designing the OU Structure
- Managing Group Policies
- Active Directory Services
- Active Directory Certificate Services
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Active Directory Rights management services
- Active Directory Security Best Practices
- Advanced AD Management with PowerShell
- Azure Active Directory Hybrid Setup
- Active Directory Audit and Monitoring
- Active Directory Troubleshooting
About the Author
Dishan Francis is a technology consultant with over 15 years’ experience in IT. He is a dedicated and enthusiastic IT expert who enjoys professional recognition and accreditation from several respected institutions. When it comes to managing innovative identity infrastructure solutions to improve system stability, efficiency, and security, his level of knowledge and experience place him among the very best in the field.
He is a six-time Microsoft MVP in Enterprise Mobility. He is also a Microsoft Wiki Ninja judge. He has maintained the RebelAdmin technology blog over the years, with lots of useful articles that focus on on-premise Active Directory services and Azure Active Directory. He currently works with Frontier Technology Ltd.