Break through the 10 big diet myths!
“In Weight Loss That Lasts, James M. Rippe and Weight Watchers show common sense and good science in a field characterized by chaos and confusion. They expose a series of 10 myths pervasive in the weight-loss industry, revealing both the kernels of truth they contain and how they have been misinterpreted and distorted. This book is incisive and refreshing.”
—Claude Bouchard, Ph.D., Executive Director of the Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University, and President of the International Association for the Study of Obesity
Discover how common myths may be holding you back from your weight-loss goals:
- MYTH #1 You can’t lose weight and keep it off
- MYTH #2 A few extra pounds don’t matter
- MYTH #3 Willpower is the key to successful weight loss
- MYTH #4 You can lose weight with exercise alone
- MYTH #5 Calories don’t matter-avoid fats or carbs to lose weight successfully
- MYTH #6 You can’t lose weight if you have the wrong metabolism or genes
- MYTH #7 You can boost your metabolism by what, how, and when you eat
- MYTH #8 It doesn’t matter how you take the weight off; you can think about keeping it off later
- MYTH #9 There is only one right approach to losing weight
- MYTH #10 Your weight is your problem and you need to solve it on your own
In this book, renowned expert Dr. James M. Rippe and Weight Watchers give you the scientific knowledge you need to break through the myths, get off the dieting roller coaster, and shed those pounds for keeps.